Wednesday 11 April 2018

The Broken Mirror


A soft sigh which felt like a calm breeze lifted me away from my struggle. As the machines came to life beeping frantically, I could see my horrified daughter hunched over my calm body. Her mirror with golden cracks had shattered and so had she but I knew she will overcome this and everything else; after all, I made her in my own likeliness. 

A few people in the universe have the fortune of experiencing the bond of a mother and daughter. It is a marvelous phenomenon, completely unknown to those who were never bound by it. Even though human body has its physical limitations, the power of this bond stretches beyond such trivial limitations.

I have always tried to become an ideal person and I know I have set a good example behind for my daughter. A part of me will live on inside everyone through our cherished memories and shared time. However, my impact is much more than mere vacation trips and family dinners for my daughter. It includes infinite moments of our battles against the world, exam preparations, fevers, celebrations and life as she blossomed into what she is today.

Although the mirror she looked into for guidance is no longer with her it was merely a reflection of her own self. She knows that I always have been and always will be there by her side; her devastation is an understandable outburst towards an unfair life. She wanted to graduate before my eyes, after years of toiling through daunting circumstances she had managed to be the topper in her entire branch of Engineering. Weeks ahead of her final semester project submission, I was snatched away; it’s unfair.

I do not feel angry or bad; I just feel pride for doing an excellent job during my time. There are many things left unsaid and a world left which could have been lived but the past has gone by, only the future stands ahead. Life is a sordid affair but living it to the fullest provided me with ample moments to treasure and generations worth of experience in a short lifetime. Imbued into my daughter are the same qualities as me, which assure me of her immense success an incredibly happy life in future.

A mother and her daughter can be best described as mirrors. We break but we mend ourselves with brilliance as life goes on. Our sparkling cracks help to elate joys and happiness in our presence. However, we only reflect what comes before us, kindness sees kindness and apathy sees apathy when looking at us. Such is our magnificence that even death is appalled on visiting us as before it stands death itself in all its glory and morbidity.

Time and again my daughter will cry, but she will never fail to try; she will live her dreams and fly. I want to tell her that she’s perfect but then again, she has always exceeded my expectations. I want to tell her to not be scared but then again, I have already nurtured her to be the strongest. I want to tell her goodbye but then again, I’m not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails